I forgot how often my weekends were filled with schoolwork last semester. :p Granted, I’m trying to get a little bit ahead, so I spent extra time this last weekend doing lots of reading and note taking and essay writing. We did, however, leave time for a Twins game Friday night since I hadn’t been to the new stadium yet. It’s pretty nice… not that I’ve had much experience with baseball fields. 😉
On Saturday after lots of schoolwork and our bi-monthly shopping, we decided to grill, and thankfully Josh didn’t heat it up before checking under the cover because this little guy would have been toast.
Tree frogs are definitely one of my favorite things about living where we do.
On Sunday morning I pulled out a recipe for Apple Butter Pancakes, which I haven’t made in years. It’s a recipe from the Lightner Creek Inn that I grabbed when I worked there years and years ago.
Josh played games while I worked on schoolwork, I made lasagna, we watched X-Files, and before we knew it, the weekend was pretty much over.
I promise next weekend will be more exciting!
I’m a little nervous thinking about how hot this guy is going to be… I’ve never let a jalapeno get red before.
We have another new post up on our Random Trippers blog about the Ernest Hemingway House!
I haven’t been very good about keeping up on things lately, but we’ve been busy and life is exciting right now. So, how about some random 20 (or so) questions?
1. What time did you get up this morning? 5 am
2. How do you like your steak? Medium well-well done
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema: “Rise of the Planet of the Apes” and it was awesome.
4. What is your favourite TV show? Mad Men
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Maybe on a secluded island or on a mountain top somewhere.
6. What did you have for breakfast? Chocolate Cheerios
7. Where would you visit if you had the chance? Pretty much anywhere and everywhere
8. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? 1/2 full
9. Where would you want to retire? Somewhere warm, I think, but I haven’t been enough places to know for sure yet.
10. Favorite time of day? Probably the morning… I’m definitely a morning person.
11. Where were you born? Arizona
12. Do you have any pets? I think that’s kind of obvious from the name of the blog. 😉 Yes, Uzi and Ziggy
13. Any new and exciting news you’d like to share? Yes! Bwahahaha, how’s that for unnecessary teasing? :p
14. What did you want to be when you were little? An astronaut or an artist.
15. Favorite flower? Sunflowers and Marigolds
16. Favorite fast food restaurant? Sonic.
17. From whom did you get your last email? Josh
18. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? I think I’d choose Target because of the variety of things I could choose from. :p
19. Last person you went out to dinner with? Um gee… let me think. Josh!
20. What are you listening to right now? Florence & The Machine
21. What is your favorite color? Blue… or red.
22. How many tattoos do you have? Just the two
Our newest addition – Chanticleer the rooster. Named after a character in one of our least favorite Don Bluth fans, and we’re big Don Bluth fans, but really? Rock-A-Doodle was just really bizarre and not very good.
Anyhoo, we’ve been really busy lately and with a new semester about to start I have realized I didn’t get nearly as many projects finished as I wanted to. Oh well, I’ll find time for some of them in between papers, I suppose.
We have a new post up at Random Trippers about our visit to the Reptile Discovery Center in Deland, FL. Check it out!
Reptile Discovery Center